UJ on Instagram
UJ's MixCloud
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Soundcloud Mixcloud Instagram

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Eat & Drink

Originally published on Thursday, 19th February 2009

Daylesford Organic - Notting Hill

When I grow up I want to do my weekly shop and have leisurely weekend brunch at Daylesford.

It may seem a little extravagant to be thinking like this in times like these, but I fully believe, as I mentioned earlier this week, that a little of something you really covet goes a long way.

Daylesford has just opened its second proper foodie multiplex in London, karmically, on the site of the old Fresh & Wild on Westbourne Grove, where you can get all those inessential essentials like grapefruit scented toilet cleaner and manuka honey dark chocolate (actually, that is essential) and browse through other organic fancies to your heart's content.

There are two dining-in options: the Raw Bar in the basement - where you can not only get the uber-healthy vegetable juices and salads you'd expect, but also nibble on ceviche of wild sea bass with coriander and citrus dressing or steak tartare with watercress and quail's egg - and The Larder on the ground floor, where heartier fare like leg of lamb with roast fennel or surprisingly unhealthy-tasting (in a good way) beetroot risotto is on offer.

It may all be a bit too-good-to-be-true, and will no doubt become the all-day hangout for perfectly-groomed OCD (organic compulsive disorder) sufferers...

But if you can't beat them, live in denial too, I say.

Hours: Mon-Sat 8am-11pm • Sun 10am-4pm
Place:
208-212 Westbourne Grove, W11 2RH
Cost: 
£30
Web:
daylesfordorganic.com
Book:
020 7313 8050

by SL

Back to Eat & Drink homepage »

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

UJ on Instagram