UJ on Instagram
UJ's MixCloud
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Soundcloud Mixcloud Instagram

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Eat & Drink

Originally published on Thursday, 26th February 2009

Brady's

It's such a nice feeling when you stumble across somewhere by chance. A restaurant that isn't hyped to the max, or the new hot place to go. Just a good, tried and tested old favourite.

Brady's has been tucked away on Old York Road for 18 years serving up some of the best fish and chips in London and doing a roaring trade so I'm very glad I've finally caught up and discovered the place.

They've recently given the restaurant a lick of paint so it's extra welcoming, and was stuffed to the gills (sorry) the night we went which I'm guessing isn't unusual.

Their herb-crusted, grilled haddock was flaky perfection, their dark-golden chips are easily in my top three and I guarded the tray of five different herbie mayonnaises they brought to our table like a dog with a bone (or a cat with a fish). I'm already salivating over the idea of trying the battered plaice or cod next time - although the choice is wide, including things like potted shrimps and crab cakes, so it could be a hard one - and I've heard the traditional English puds they serve are legendary.

Long live the quality chippy and thank heavens it's nearly Friday.

Hours: Tues-Sat 12.30-2.30pm & 6.30-10pm (Thur & Fri 10.30pm) • Sun 12.30-3.30 (last orders)
Place:
513 Old York Road, SW18 1TF
Cost: 
£20
Web:
bradysfish.co.uk
Book:
020 8877 9599

by SL

Back to Eat & Drink homepage »

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

UJ on Instagram