UJ on Instagram
UJ's MixCloud
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Soundcloud Mixcloud Instagram

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Eat & Drink

Originally published on Thursday, 28th May 2009

The Cadogan Arms

At risk of sounding like my mother, it's amazing what a warm welcome can do. The Cadogan Arms used to be one of those slightly scary looking pubs which, although it occupied a corner of the still cool and artsy part of the King's Road, you'd forgo stepping into in favour of the more scrubbed-up and airy Pig's Ear down the road.

Not any more however. The place has thankfully been snapped up by gastropub brothers Tom and Ed Martin (who also own The Gun in the Docklands and The Botanist in Sloane Square) and is now far more light and capacious with a nice big brick fireplace and three brand spanking new '8 ball' pool tables due to arrive upstairs
any minute.

But the real welcome comes from assistant manager and adept mixologist Tim Homewood who makes a damn fine Bloody Mary and does so with genuine warmth and enthusiasm (God, I am sounding like my mother) - which, sadly, can be a rare thing in this city.

Anyway, all this meant that our ham hock and foie gras terrine, salmon and smoked haddock fishcakes and roast butternut squash, pear, baby gem, red onion and Barkham blue cheese salad (most mains around the £12 mark) tasted all the better.

Hours: Mon-Sat 11am-11pm • Sun 11am-10.30pm
Place: 298 King's Road, SW3 5UG
Cost: £30
Web: thecadoganarmschelsea.com
Book: 020 7352 6500

by SL

Back to Eat & Drink homepage »

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

UJ on Instagram