UJ on Instagram
UJ's MixCloud
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Soundcloud Mixcloud Instagram

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Eat & Drink

Originally published on Monday, 21st April 2008

Whats for supper

Pie in the Sky

A few weeks ago I was interviewed by telephone on BBC Radio Northampton. While I suspect that other than my mom in Canada not a lot of people heard me, I was still horrendously nervous and did the whole interview sitting on the floor.

The programme was called 'Desert Island Dishes ' and the interviewers ask you to name your 'dream meal' if you were stuck on a desert island.

It was surprisingly difficult to decide on something and my food memory soared to the heights of foie gras lollipops and sea urchins and sunk to the trashy (but fond) depths of microwave popcorn and Kraft dinner.

In the end, I decided that if I could only eat one thing, one last time - it had to be a pizza. A wood-fired oven pizza with a bubbly crust made with skilled hands and care.

Here are three pizza recipes to try at home.

Pizza Dough Calamari Pizza with Lemon Aioli Turkish Lahmacun

Jennifer Klinec from Eat Drink Talk has kindly agreed to provide Urban Junkies readers with mouthwatering recipes and foodtips.

To learn more, classes at Eat Drink Talk are held in Jennifer's beautiful loft in Clerkenwell, packed with information and useful tips, and you'll get to sample all of the delicious dishes prepared during class.

by JK

In collaboration with Eat Drink Talk

Back to Eat & Drink homepage »

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

UJ on Instagram