UJ on Instagram
UJ's MixCloud
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Soundcloud Mixcloud Instagram

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Eat & Drink

Originally published on Friday, 20th June 2008

What's for Supper

Extreme Leftovers

My partner Jerome and I have a bit of a weekend ritual that we really enjoy. I call it 'Extreme Leftovers'.

Jerome brings home whatever protein is left over in the kitchen at Les Trois Garcons where he is head chef and I throw in whatever ingredients, pastes and condiments are left over from my week's sessions at Eat Drink Talk . Then Sunday morning we sit down and pick through our collective spoils and decide what on earth to eat.

Depending on my week there could be anything from Thai chili jam, Catalan romesco, or Malaysian rendang paste in my fridge and after the Saturday night tasting menus have been eaten and the restaurant finally empties Jerome comes home with everything from 42 day aged sirloin to Bresse chicken from France.

Our collaborative efforts, fueled by glasses of wine and streaming music from Geneva's Couleur Trois , are never boring. Here are a few examples.

Steak Tacos with Salsa NegraLobster Sui Mai Dumplings
Inside Out California Rolls with Green Chili Mayo

Jennifer Klinec from Eat Drink Talk has kindly agreed to provide Urban Junkies readers with mouthwatering recipes and foodtips.

To learn more, classes at Eat Drink Talk are held in Jennifer's beautiful loft in Clerkenwell, packed with information and useful tips, and you'll get to sample all of the delicious dishes prepared during class.

by JK

In collaboration with Eat Drink Talk

Back to Eat & Drink homepage »

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

UJ on Instagram