UJ on Instagram
UJ's MixCloud
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Soundcloud Mixcloud Instagram

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Eat & Drink

Originally published on Monday, 15th December 2008

What's for Supper

To Sir with Love

I'd sworn off dating chefs, but that was until I found the new man in my life. Anthony Bourdain, the king of offal and back alley dining, is going to be mine.

I find a lot of chefs pretty silly and dull. They talk about food like an mc at a fashion show. They use words like 'whizz' and 'blitz'. They have stupid hairstyles and even dumber wives. .

But Anthony Bourdain is different.  He sits on dirt floors in China eating fermented fish bladders and pickled duck tongues. He thinks the feet are the tastiest part of the chicken. He sees nothing wrong in a quick bowl of snails for breakfast. In short, he is my soul mate.

I have it all planned. The initial seduction will require precise planning. Anthony will resist at first - he will think of his wife and child, but slowly, as the scent of my slowly braised tripe wafts through the air or I outdo him in a fried grasshopper eating contest, his reluctance will melt away.

Here are just 3 of the many recipes that I will cook for him:

Stir-fried pig's earsGrilled octopus with romesco & charred lemons
Turkish tripe and garlic soup

Jennifer Klinec from Eat Drink Talk has kindly agreed to provide Urban Junkies readers with mouthwatering recipes and foodtips.

To learn more, classes at Eat Drink Talk are held in Jennifer's beautiful loft in Clerkenwell, packed with information and useful tips, and you'll get to sample all of the delicious dishes prepared during class.

by JK

In collaboration with Eat Drink Talk

Back to Eat & Drink homepage »

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

UJ on Instagram