UJ on Instagram
UJ's MixCloud
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Soundcloud Mixcloud Instagram

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Eat & Drink

Originally published on Wednesday, 28th January 2009

What's for Supper

Walking in LA

Everyone warned me that there was no decent food in Los Angeles - only taco wagons and prissy celeb hangouts. But surely even the rich and beautiful people get hungry?

I had 8 days to eat my way through the best of the LA food scene and there were lots of surprises. Rillettes and charcuterie are currently all the rage.  Ethnic food abounds in areas like 'Tehrangeles' and 'Little Ethiopia'. Tiny diners and taco wagons serve the best Mexican and Korean food in North America.

Cooler still is that most of the city's top chefs and restauranteurs are females. Women like Nancy Silverton, Suzanne Goin and Corina Weibel have turned Angelenos into connoisseurs of sourdough bread, sweetbreads and duck confit.  It seems that the city of juice bars, sushi and detox has finally learned how to let her hair down and have a little fun.

AOC Winebar

Canele

Pizzeria & Osteria Mozza

Palate Food + Wine

aoc canele
 pizzeria  palate

Pizza with Bagna Caudawinter green salad with burrata
roast beet salad with candied seeds

Jennifer Klinec from Eat Drink Talk has kindly agreed to provide Urban Junkies readers with mouthwatering recipes and foodtips.

To learn more, classes at Eat Drink Talk are held in Jennifer's beautiful loft in Clerkenwell, packed with information and useful tips, and you'll get to sample all of the delicious dishes prepared during class.

by JK

In collaboration with Eat Drink Talk

Back to Eat & Drink homepage »

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

UJ on Instagram