UJ on Instagram
UJ's MixCloud
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Soundcloud Mixcloud Instagram

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Eat & Drink

Originally published on Wednesday, 18th March 2009

What's for Supper

Mommy Dearest

My mother is easily one of my favourite people and an unflappable partner in crime. Over the years we’ve built-up a number mother-daughter traditions of which I’m fiercely proud and when it comes to food, she is as devoutly hardcore as I am.

Whether we are barbecuing in -15 temperatures, bribing Mennonite farmers to sell us unpasteurised milk, or turning out a batch of 600 perogies until 2am, it is those moments with my mother when we are standing side-by-side, wearing our food splattered aprons and chattering happily in the kitchen - that I am at my happiest.

Here are some of our favourite recipes to make together. Happy Mother’s Day Mom!

Grapefruit Margarita with habanero spiked tequila Steak with bone marrow cooked over the wood fire Pain au chocolat

Jennifer Klinec from Eat Drink Talk has kindly agreed to provide Urban Junkies readers with mouthwatering recipes and foodtips.

To learn more, classes at Eat Drink Talk are held in Jennifer's beautiful loft in Clerkenwell, packed with information and useful tips, and you'll get to sample all of the delicious dishes prepared during class.

by JK

In collaboration with Eat Drink Talk

Back to Eat & Drink homepage »

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

UJ on Instagram