UJ on Instagram
UJ's MixCloud
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Soundcloud Mixcloud Instagram

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Eat & Drink

Originally published on Tuesday, 26th January 2010

What's for Supper

The Notorious P.I.G

pig

I'm thinking of getting married. There's only one problem. My prospective father in law is a total jackass. And he hates my cooking.

Fortunately he'll never read this column. He lives 3 1/2 time zonesaway and his English sucks.

His son on the other hand is unspeakably wonderful, handsome and kind.

He's worth every grimace, scowl and medieval Persian curse that his curmudgeon of a father can throw my way.

So alas I'll bite my tongue as he bitches about my Goan prawn curry or my Spanish meatballs in Saffron Almond Sauce. And I'll smile cheerfully as he reclines like a Sultan demanding tea, dates and rock sugar.

Here are three recipes that my prospective father in law hated. You may wish to cook one of them out of solidarity. I may need the support should I walk down the aisle.

Prawn curryLamb Meatballs
Moroccan Chicken

Jennifer Klinec from Eat Drink Talk has kindly agreed to provide Urban Junkies readers with mouthwatering recipes and foodtips.

To learn more, classes at Eat Drink Talk are held in Jennifer's beautiful loft in Clerkenwell, packed with information and useful tips, and you'll get to sample all of the delicious dishes prepared during class.

by JK

In collaboration with Eat Drink Talk

Back to Eat & Drink homepage »

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

UJ on Instagram