UJ on Instagram
UJ's MixCloud
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Soundcloud Mixcloud Instagram

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Eat & Drink

Originally published on Tuesday, 18th March 2008

Whats for supper

Lonely Planet

A few weeks ago I was in a small town in Cambodia and a Dutch guy on a moped pulled alongside me and gave me a flier. It was for a new cafe in town. "We have real baguettes, French cheese and pizza!" I cringed. I didn't go to Asia to wrestle open a packet of 'La Vache qui Rit'. Yuck!

I get far more excited watching the locals slurping bowls of noodles, stir-fried crabs and grilled fish than by pushing around a local (and often unsuccessful) attempt at pizza or some other sanitised tourist rubbish on my plate. And with street food it really isn't hard to get in on the action, just shove your way in amongst all the elbows, point and smile and delicious things will soon start to arrive.

In the spirit of street eating and the long busy months ahead before many of us can contemplate our next holiday, here are a few recipes that capture the Asian spirit of slurping, chomping and generally enjoying their food to the fullest.

Green Mango with Chili Salt Pad thai tamarind Stir Fried Pepper Crab

Jennifer Klinec from Eat Drink Talk has kindly agreed to provide Urban Junkies readers with mouthwatering recipes and foodtips.

To learn more, classes at Eat Drink Talk are held in Jennifer's beautiful loft in Clerkenwell, packed with information and useful tips, and you'll get to sample all of the delicious dishes prepared during class.

by JK

In collaboration with Eat Drink Talk

Back to Eat & Drink homepage »

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

UJ on Instagram