UJ on Instagram
UJ's MixCloud
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Soundcloud Mixcloud Instagram

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Eat & Drink

Originally published on Monday, 18th August 2008

What's for Supper

Summer in the City

This summer I've swapped my flat in Clerkenwell with the NYC home of a foodwriter - a match made in heaven! Here are 3 recipes that are making waves on the New York eating scene.

With a mix of excitement and apprehension, I placed an ad on a message board in New York asking if anyone was interesting in doing a summer exchange. One of the people who responded was Anya von Bremzen, a prominent food journalist and cookbook author.

Within 2 days we had exchanged 15 emails, both of us talking excitedly about our neighbourhoods, favourite restaurants and foodie places. I couldn't believe my luck - I had found my New York twin.

Plane tickets were booked, keys were sent by Fedex, and six weeks later Anya and I are comfortably settled into each other's homes for the summer.

Here are three recipes making waves on the New York eating scene.

AperoMeatball Sliders
Uni Panini

Jennifer Klinec from Eat Drink Talk has kindly agreed to provide Urban Junkies readers with mouthwatering recipes and foodtips.

To learn more, classes at Eat Drink Talk are held in Jennifer's beautiful loft in Clerkenwell, packed with information and useful tips, and you'll get to sample all of the delicious dishes prepared during class.

by JK

In collaboration with Eat Drink Talk

Back to Eat & Drink homepage »

Urban Junkies is a free newsletter delivering the very latest London launches, trends and events.

SUBSCRIBE NOW

UJ on Instagram