The Design Museum launches a major new exhibition this summer celebrating Azzedine Alaïa – the first solo show for the iconic designer in the UK. Alaïa worked with the museum to curate the show before his death in November 2017, so don’t expect the usual run-of-the-mill retrospective: stories of Alaïa’s life and career as a master couture are shown beside garments he selected himself, from his first ready-to-wear collections in the 1980s to his most recent 2017 collection.
Then subscribe to our weekly newsletter here:
More from Art & Culture
- Wed 3 Oct - Fri 21 DecYayoi KusamaThe Infinity Mirror Room come to London
- Thu 11 Oct - Sun 27 Jan 2019Anni AlbersTate Modern hosts her first major retrospective
- Now openThe Osman TownhouseSo much more than just a store
- Sun 16 Sep - Thu 29 NovHackney Arts CentreA new multidisciplinary space in Hackney
- Opening this autumnElephant WestElephant Magazine's multidisciplinary space