After championing Indian home-style cooking with Gunpowder, Harneet and Devina Baweja are headed further east, as they launch Madame D. Bringing their love of the darker, oriental flavours of the Himalayas to London, Harneet and Devina have worked with head chef Nirmal Save to incorporate the influences of Indian, Nepalese, Tibetan and Chinese cooking, using local ingredients for a short menu of sharing dishes. Look out for the red awnings on Commercial Street and you’ll know you are on the right path for gold coin dumplings, pan-fried Tibetan duck momo and garlic coriander steamed chicken.
Then subscribe to our twice weekly newsletter here:
More from Food & Drink
- Tue 1 AugVoices At The TableA Borough Market trader special
- Sat 22 Jul - OngoingMother RestaurantThe Copenhagen favourite arrives in Battersea
- Tue 25 JulUncorked Wine FestivalSummer, wine, Soho? We’re in.
- Opens 24th JulyTemper CityNeil Rankin’s long-awaited follow-up
- 19th Jul + 20th SepChick ’n’ Sours x BubbledogsIt’s time for a bark vs beak mash-up
- Now openRIGO'Michelin-starred Gonzalo Luzarraga arrives in Fulham