The late, great Michael Jackson would have celebrated his 60th birthday on 29th August this year. As one of the most iconic figures of the past century, the National Portrait Gallery have curated a landmark exhibition exploring the influence of the singer on contemporary art, coinciding with his birthday. From Warhol (the first to depict him back in 1982) to LaChapelle, 48 artists will be on display until autumn – and open until 9pm on Friday nights.
Then subscribe to our weekly newsletter here:
More from Art & Culture
- Wed 3 Oct - Fri 21 DecYayoi KusamaThe Infinity Mirror Room come to London
- Thu 11 Oct - Sun 27 Jan 2019Anni AlbersTate Modern hosts her first major retrospective
- Now openThe Osman TownhouseSo much more than just a store
- Sun 16 Sep - Thu 29 NovHackney Arts CentreA new multidisciplinary space in Hackney
- Opening this autumnElephant WestElephant Magazine's multidisciplinary space