Counted among the major artists of the Pop Art movement, Tom Wesselmann first gained acclaim in the 1960s for his Great American Nudes series, developing the striking palette and political commentary that would become major themes of his career. Running until Saturday 16th December, Gagosian Gallery presents Wesselmann’s Bedroom Paintings, made between 1968 and 1983, with a series that the artist considered essential to his oeuvre.
Then subscribe to our weekly newsletter here:
More from Art & Culture
- Wed 3 Oct - Fri 21 DecYayoi KusamaThe Infinity Mirror Room come to London
- Thu 11 Oct - Sun 27 Jan 2019Anni AlbersTate Modern hosts her first major retrospective
- Now openThe Osman TownhouseSo much more than just a store
- Sun 16 Sep - Thu 29 NovHackney Arts CentreA new multidisciplinary space in Hackney
- Opening this autumnElephant WestElephant Magazine's multidisciplinary space