Loud, bustling, and romantic, Macao is always buzzing with chatter, and is a definite UJ fave. With a menu of hearty Italian favourites and a great wine list, we say go at night, grab a table in the candlelit courtyard and settle in.
Carrer Venda des Pobles, 8. Santa Gertrudis. +34 971 197 835
Camí de Balàfìa
This is a family-run favourite that’s earned its place in the hearts of locals for its sensational grilled meats. Dine under the stars, order a bottle of house red and start with the famous tomato salad before moving on to the mains of grilled chicken, lamb chops or steak. If you don’t eat meat, the tomatoes and potatoes are divine, and the atmosphere alone is worth the visit.
A haven for hippies, artists and tortured creative souls back in the day, Bar Anita maintains all its bygone charm. Tucked away in the tiny village of San Carlos, it still hums with activity every day of the week. Don’t leave without trying the homemade hierbas.
Boasting a beachside setting that’s hard to beat, Sa Caleta specialises in fish dishes and paella, all served up with an abundance of rustic charm. Bring your swimsuit and go for a dip – it’ll perk you up after one too many café caletas.
Then subscribe to our weekly newsletter here:
More from Ibiza
- IbizaAn Interview with Ferran AdriàA quick catch up with the elBulli founder
- IbizaA VIEW FROMFree afternoon? This is where we'd go
- IbizaOLD FAVOURITES 2Every year, every trip, you’ll find us here
- IbizaNAMES TO KNOWIt’s high summer in Ibiza
- IbizaInterview: Javier AnadonThe Mambo King tells us about his Ibiza
- IbizaSTAR DRIVESRoutes to know