Regent's Park Open-Air Theatre
This one’s a classic. Located right in the middle of one of the city’s most iconic green spaces, the Open-Air Theatre is an essential fixture in any classic British day out. Book your chosen performance, pre-order a picnic hamper (champagne optional) and you’re good to go.
Photo: © David Jensen
Greenwich and Docklands International Festival
23rd June-8th July,
If a single performance isn’t enough, head to the Greenwich and Docklands International Festival – an all-out celebration of outdoor theatre and culture. It’s totally free, with dozens of acclaimed companies coming together to create some truly special performances.
21 New Globe Walk
It’s unlikely we’re telling you something you don’t know here, but we couldn’t leave Shakespeare’s Globe out of this list. Experience the Bard’s famous works as they would have been performed in the 17th century, or opt for a more intimate Jacobean experience in the Sam Wanamaker Playhouse.
Opera Holland Park
If you’re looking for a culture fix out West, try Opera Holland Park. There’s no chance of rain ruining your plans here – the space is totally covered by a canopy. We say arrive early, pre-order charcuterie and BYOB.
Photo: © Robert Workman
95A Rye Ln,
For something totally new, try Multi-Story Orchestra. The unique company puts on orchestral performances in a truly unexpected space; the Bold Tendencies carpark under Frank’s in Peckham. Sit down to a performance and then head upstairs for an Aperol Spritz and those famous views.
Then subscribe to our weekly newsletter here:
More from Lists
- ListsTop 5: Experiential Christmas GiftsFor the ones who already have everything
- ListsTop 5: New Year GetawaysStuck for plans? We've got you covered
- ListsTop 5 Healthy DetoxesOur favourite detox schemes for the holiday run-up
- ListsUJ’s Seasonal HighlightsNot feeling festive yet? These might help
- ListsTop 10: Party RestaurantsGood music, great food and rowdy crowds
- ListsTop 10: London Junk FoodBecause when you've got a craving, you've got a craving