The ever-knowing, glowing, restaurant PR Gemma Bell has given us 5 top tips for Cornwall. Let’s go!
1) Head south to The Tolcarne Inn in the working harbour town of Newlyn. This is an unassuming pub serving exceptional and innovative dishes.
2) Before heading to Cornwall, order a very special meal from Lola’s, a.k.a. Louise Rødkjær, created by Louise and her partner, Tim Spedding (ex head chef of The Clove Club), with deliveries on Friday.
3) Go to St Just church in Roseland. It’s a tiny church set in beautiful, semi-tropical gardens next to a tidal creek.
4) Hidden up an alleyway in Hayle is Feed and Fed, a little hut serving epic sandwiches. Follow on Insta to hear about supper clubs too.
5) Dan the Lobster Man! This is a seafood shipping container in Porthleven harbour and is a rec from Alice Grier. Get lobster from Dan, chips from the fish ‘n chippie up the road, and a pint from the pub – then enjoy it all in the harbour.
THANKS GEMMA! @gemmabellandco