Barrafina Kings Cross
Our love for Barrafina knows no bounds, and we’re pleased to say their new opening in King’s Cross lives up to the usual high standards. The space itself is incredibly light and airy, and there’s a whole new menu to try – as if you needed an excuse.
When a chef’s credentials include Gymkhana and Brigadiers, you know to expect big things and bold flavours. Rustic, home-style Iranian cooking is the name of the game here – you’ll want to try kashk e bademjan (blackened aubergine with whey, walnuts and mint) with one of their freshly baked tanoor breads and a charcoal mangal-grilled poussin.
Anywhere serving up truffle burrata and lobster spaghetti in Shoreditch is a must-try for team UJ. Laid-back Italian dining is Cecconi’s thing (and our thing, too), so the news they were branching out east was music to our ears. Go try!
This is bar dining, sexed up beyond recognition. You’ll recognise Tom Dixon’s signature copper and silver accents and dark elements, and the interior is a great match for Assaf Granit (The Palomar’s) flavourful, innovative cuisine. Try the Plate for the Brave (a dish of chillies) if you dare!
Another biggie in Bloomberg Arcade: Andrew Wong’s second venture lives up to the hype. Think airy, open interiors, Chinese roasted meats, and some killer cocktails.
Then subscribe to our weekly newsletter here:
More from Top 5
- Top 5November's Best New OpeningsOur highlights from this month
- Top 5Top 5: Alternative BrunchesBored of benedict? We’ve got just the thing
- Top 5October’s Best New OpeningsOur highlights from this month
- Top 5Top 5: For Hot PotTurn up the heat!
- Top 5September’s Best New OpeningsFind out who made it in
- Top 5Top 5: Railway GetawaysFrom London to…